Dear Parent / Carer,
Please see below information on apprenticeships, careers, courses and degrees.
Are you a budding artist, with a keen interest in Animation, Video Game Art or Visual Effects?
At Escape Studios, we’re approved and endorsed internationally as an Unreal Engine Authorized Training Center, as well as both Rookies and Houdini certified schools.
Bookings are now open for our next undergraduate open day, taking place on Saturday 14th January 2023. Why not sign up and get your questions answered ahead of the UCAS deadline in late January!
You’ll gain an insight into our impressive range of industry partners and get to discover the details of our degrees by attending our online subject talks.
Can’t wait until January? Why not check out our on-demand open day at a time that suits you for a variety of content about life at Escape Studios:
- Hear from Vice Principal, Dr Ian Palmer
- View showreels and award-winning student work
- Listen to talks from our inspirational alumnit
|Escape Studios showreel||Undergraduate prospectus|
|Check out our new showreel to see our students’ work, including projects such as Batman in London, Project Redacted and Post-Mortem.||Check out our digital prospectus to learn more about our degrees in 2D and 3D Animation, Game Art and VFX.|
|Watch showreel||View the prospectus|
University of Derby
BUILD YOUR CAREER TUESDAY 7 – WEDNESDAY 8 MARCH
Do you want to be a video game producer, set up your own business or are you not sure what career might suit you in the future? If so, we’ve got the perfect days during National Careers Week. You can explore future career options by chatting to university experts, current students, employers and industry professionals such as the NHS, JCB and Teach First. Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect from the days.
PLACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOK NOW
We’re proud that our halls have just won two Global Student Living Awards!
The Global Student Living Index is the largest international survey on the quality of student accommodation and the results are 100% based on direct feedback from home and international students.
Open Days are one of the best ways for you to find out more about the University and if it is right for you. Our next Open Days are:
Saturday 26 November 2022 Saturday 14 January 2023
GET IN TOUCH
Head to our website to find out more information about our activities and workshops. If you require any further information, or wish to arrange an activity, please get in touch with the Schools and Colleges Liaison Team.
Aspiring Nurses and Midwives
Support for aspiring nurses and midwives of the future – Midlands Region. As the NHS struggles with capacity shortages, growing the nursing & midwifery workforce is a massive national priority with huge potential for sustained employment growth in roles that span the worlds of science, technology, and innovation through to leadership, management, and collaboration.
NHS England have created an exciting project to entice more young people from across England into fulfilling NHS careers through an exclusive series of eye-opening, expert-led, insights & virtual work experiences. The programme – known as NHS NextGen Nurse is underway throughout this academic year and will continue annually, facilitated locally by our NHS Regional teams. It is freely available to any 14-19-year-old who attends a UK state secondary school or college. What will the sessions focus on? Ask most young people what a nurse does, and they will have a rough idea, but they will not necessarily appreciate the huge variety of roles available or the flexibility and opportunities for career progression that nursing allows. They may also harbour some unhelpful preconceptions around who can be a nurse. The NHS NextGen Nurse programme aims to address these gaps and/or misconceptions by providing educators with a selection of easy and accessible options:
1. Virtual Nursing Insight Days – Young people get the opportunity to hear from nurses working across a range of nursing fields, learn what key skills are needed in the workplace and find out how you can get started in a nursing career.
2. Pathways into Nursing – The full-day ‘Pathways into Nursing’ workshop for Year 12 or 13s provides students with accurate information about study nursing, informs them about how to make their application stand out and inspires them to study nursing.
3. Nurse Led Short Session. One of our ‘Nursing Ambassadors’ work with you toward a face to face or virtual session with young people interested in a Nursing career. The nurses give a genuine insight into the career and an opportunity to find out about what a nurse REALLY does.
4. Healthcare Community Sessions – We can organise for all elements of the healthcare community to come to you! Our healthcare community session model brings NHS educators (local universities) and NHS Providers seeking a future workforce (apprenticeships & post grad.) together to present the career pathway.
5. Virtual Work Experience – A longer virtual placement lasting 2-5 days that provide a deeper dive into the nursing profession where they can explore a wider variety of specialities. To make sure no one ever misses out, the various types of sessions are repeated at select intervals throughout the year.
Anyone in lower school who is interested, please speak to your form tutor. Anyone in Sixth Form who is interested, please speak to a member of the Sixth Form team.
Careers quiz of the month
Careers in sport
A new Careers quiz for students with an interest in sports
New to the Unifrog Resources library, this Careers quiz will get you thinking about whether a future in sport could be for you.
You’ll learn a couple of surprising facts about football careers…
Download it here
How to deal with interview stress
Stress can be a normal part of job seeking, more often than not, it’s the result of over-thinking a situation. This article is full of advice on how to prepare for an interview:
One thought on “24/11/22 Roundup – Future Intentions”
Pingback: 27/11/22 Roundup – Key messages & Term dates (all year groups) | Thomas Alleyne's high school